Thursday, November 29, 2012

Update - Criserl :)

Hello!!!

Firstly , for those who have been following my other blog will know that my concert date has been brought forword to the 14  of December and will commence at 7pm. :)

Secondly, I'm now learning a piece by Handel - Allemande. As all of you know , I'm not really a baroque person so I don't really like that piece...I've also finish recording the first movement of Kuhlau sonatina op.20 no.1! 2 more movements to go!! And also, this time I decided to repeat the repeat section ( I hope you get what I'm trying to say here , as normally I skip the repeat section). :D

Thirdly, I will like to introduce you to BBC documentary on both Mozart and Beethoven. Each documentary is 3 hours but I think it is definitely worth your time. I got to learn so much about their lives and what they had gone through so as to have a better interpretation their music.

Lastly, I'm planning to learn the tempest sonata but not the third movement (of course). I deciding between the first movement which has about 6 pages or the second which has 4 pages... Tell me which you prefer! It will be my self study piece and maybe at a later stage my teacher will go through it with me and I may even end up performing it!

~Criserl~

8 comments:

  1. The documentary is so rewarding! Especially the Mozart one!

    Which movement do you prefer? Follow your heart and produce the BEST music! I personally prefer none... :P Do Chopin!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed the documentary!

      So funny that you mention I should do Chopin , another friend of mine suggested that I abandon Tempest and try out another Chopin etude... :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen the Beethoven documentary, and some of the Mozart documentary. I loved the Beethoven one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have seen it too,such a coincidence! Can't wait to hear your arrangement of silent night!!

      Delete
  3. So long since you posted something on this blog!

    Happy that you are done with the 1st movement of Kuhlau sonatina! It must be fun isn't it :):)

    I agree with kate too! Do another Chopin!

    This month have the most post! Did you all realised that??Anyway, have a great December ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun with all the scales! Oh! I just realised we have 15 post this month! YAY! LOL...

      Delete
  4. Good luck for the up coming concert! I love your playing.

    ReplyDelete