Sunday, December 2, 2012

Apology!

Hi, I am so sorry for still not yet uploading Silent Night! I have been so busy, but believe me, I want to get it done. I haven't finished that final part in Ka'iulani, which would be the run... I just didn't feel like bothering with that part yet... I actually started out Chopin's Waltz in C Sharp Minor op. 64 no. 2.  I really love that piece, and it doesn't sound too hard, as it repeats a lot.

Certain days I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning, and so during that time I usually listen to classical music. Everyone is usually still sleeping, and so I can't play music until 9:00. So finally 9 comes around, and I get happy since I could play. Then, I'll start working on a piece where I need to hear the song. I go downstairs (which is where the computer is), and am so glad to see someone else on there (I meant that sarcastically)! And so I can't work on that piece until I listen to the part of the song where I'm having trouble... I'm hoping that for Christmas I will get an iPod so I can listen to whatever piece I need to without using the computer.

In case anyone is wondering, I have only two Christmas songs: Silent Night and When Christmas Comes to Town. My Grandma wants me to finish White Christmas, and I would, but I want to add more to it. My version sounds too simple... What other songs should I do? I may only do two more Christmas songs.

I think I am in need of a piano teacher. I need someone to help me perfect certain things and also help me with music theory. I know that if I had someone to push me to finish pieces, I would. Sometimes I get too bored with whatever I'm working on, and just forget about it, as you all know. I plan to be finishing up Ka'iulani and Ellen's Song very soon. And I also want to start composing something again. My favorite part of piano is composing! And my least favorite part is reading music... Ugh, I hate it. I was never exactly taught how to read it, so I learned on my own, therefore I am slower at reading it...

I will upload something!!

~Viviana~




2 comments:

  1. I voted for White Christmas the other time and , I love your sarcasm :P

    I think maybe you try to do a Christmas piano medley!:)

    I think the good thing about having a teacher is that you get the right guidance you need.Are you planning to just get someone to coach you on the theory part or both practical and theory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started once more working on White Christmas! I'm trying to add a little more to it. :)

    That would be fun! I should try that.

    I think I would need a teacher for both.

    ReplyDelete