Thursday, December 6, 2012

What I plan to upload next! (Viviana)

Hey y'all! Christmas is really approaching fast, isn't it? I'm so excited!

Yesterday I got to play an original composition of mine at a talent show! I wasn't planning to do it, but my friends were hoping I would, so I decided to play! It was very fun. :)

So I still have to finish Ka'iulani (just the ending) and Ellen's Song. And I'm finally getting somewhere in Chopin's Waltz in C Sharp Minor (page 2)! I'm also composing something new, which I'm really excited about! I will be uploading Clementi Sonatina Op. 36 No. 1 in C Major (First Movement). I never uploaded it, but I have known how to play it for a couple of years. Also, it is not exactly the original version. It was the version I had learned off my keyboard... The other song I will be uploading is When Christmas Comes to Town. I know, I should also do White Christmas... I just haven't really bothered with it... I want to upload Moonlight Sonata, but I have to play it all from memory, and to play perfectly I can't be thinking about it... Hahaha...

Oh, yes, I forgot: I changed the URL. It is now www.apianistslife.blogspot.com
I felt it was more pianist-like than thingsbyvivianarodriguez....


Here is EmilyBearfan's version of Final Journey.
I've really been working on Final Journey by Emily Bear. It's one of my favorite pieces by Emily!! The part I will have to figure out is from 0:43-0:47. I have 0:48-1:37 done already. I'm half way done!!! So excited!!!!! :D


I have one more week of lessons to teach and then I'm on break until January. I've been having a great week teaching all of my students; they are all learning very fast, which I'm glad of... :)

Be sure to check with this blog or YouTube for the videos I will be uploading!

~Viviana~

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You are working on 7 pieces now?! I can never do 7 pieces at one go! It is really a challenge to figure out pieces by listening ,isn't it? :) Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've mostly been working on the waltz and Final Journey. Yeah, it is pretty hard! :)

      Delete
  2. Chopin!! Yay!
    Actually you and Criserl should do a duet! One of you record first and the other listens to the recording and play together with the recording and record herself and put them together!

    Like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooTMa8Zs0I

    I think both of you will do really well!:)
    Love ,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    You mention that you played an original composition. Which one? Really curious to know :)

    ReplyDelete