Friday, November 9, 2012

Criserl recommends anime about piano!

Hello!

How is everyone? :)
Today marks the start of my 1 month school holiday!

Today, I'll like to share about a Japanese anime about piano. This anime was introduced to me by one of YouTube's best pianist Umi Garrett ( most of you should have seen her videos). I am friends with both Umi and her dad, Steve on Facebook and Umi once posted about this anime on either her page or her dad's ( I don't remember :P ). This anime is called ' Piano no mori' also known as 'Piano in the forest' and Umi describes herself playing just like how the character plays in the forest, freely with her own interpretation.


So, I believe all of you would enjoy watching this really great anime and learn more on about HOW to play the piano. Through this, one will realized the importance of interpretation and how much impact it has on people listening to the music, even if one is not playing the piece note for note just like what the composer had written!

I personally believes that a piano is the only instrument that can sound like an orchestra ( excluding synthesizer instruments like an electone)  and playing it with emotion is the key to making the piano sing no matter which piece you are playing.

I really like those emails that all of you send and I'll continue to work hard. More videos will come! :)

Get the latest updates about Criserl at Criserl's blog : www.criserlpiano.blogspot.sg

3 comments:

  1. never knew you and Umi were friends! And you mention that you have a facebook account, can you tell me your username so that I can add you? Piano no mori is a wonderful anime!

    Thank you for sharing Criserl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but my Facebook account is use for my private life:)

      Delete
  2. Me too want to know your facebook account!! :P:P Waiting for another awesome upload..

    ReplyDelete