Monday, October 15, 2012

My favorite classical piece and concerto ~ Viviana

Criserl and I were asked by request to write about what our favorite classical piece and concerto are. My favorite classical piece is Moonlight Sonata (movement 1) by Beethoven, and my favorite concerto is Concerto no. 23 by Mozart. 



 <--Moonlight Sonata played by Willhem Kempff


<--Concerto no. 23 mvt. 2 played by Horowitz


 As I had said before in previous posts, Moonlight Sonata is my favorite, not only because it was the first classical piece that I learned, but also because it was what I played on my very first performance. The first time I heard it was when I was at Sunday school. There was a piano in the room and a girl started playing music. That's when I heard the Sonata, not knowing the name, but knowing that I wanted to learn it no matter what. Some months later, me and some other students were going to be allowed to perform at a homeschooling graduation. I decided to choose Moonlight Sonata for my performance. My teacher didn't exactly want me to play that song, believing that I would not be able to finish it in time, but as it turns out, I did finish it. Ever since then, Beethoven has been my favorite composer. 

One day, I was listening to Emily Bear's 23 Free, and saw that it was actually an improvisation off of Mozart's 23rd Concerto, second movement. I looked up the concerto on Youtube, and really enjoyed the way it had such a mellow sound to it, considering how the first movement was so energetic-sounding. Before, I had never really liked Mozart, but after listening to the concerto, I had a change of mind. 

~Viviana~


1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that you posted this! :) Hope to know more about the both of you!

    With love from Hong Kong:D

    ReplyDelete