Friday, October 19, 2012

Criserl's favourite concerto!

As the title suggest, today I will blog about my FAVORITE concerto.
A concerto is where on solo instrument is accompanied by an orchestra or symphony.




The first concerto I have heard was Mozart concerto K488 played by Emily Bear. (you can refer to Viviana's blog post to read more about it) After spending more time on YouTube I was introduce to Beethoven piano concerto no.1 and a few others such as Schumann Piano Concerto, Op.54. But Beethoven piano concerto no.1 left me a deep impression as it starts off giving a very majestic feeling. I also enjoy all 3 Cadenzas written by Beethoven for this concerto.
 
I'll try to find time to blog about my favorite piano solo piece.

Hope you will enjoy this concerto as much as I do! :)
~Criserl

Get the latest updates about Criserl at Criserl's blog : www.criserlpiano.blogspot.sg

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for spending time to blog. May I know how many pieces you tackle at a time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.:)
      Thank you for asking, I learn about 3 to 4 pieces. Currently, I'm learning Chopin's revolutionary etude, Dussek's sonatina op.20 no.1 and McDowell's to a wild rose.
      What is your favourite concerto? :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really beautiful concerto! My favourite concerto would no doubt be Bach D minor concerto, you should really listen to it.
    Baroque rocks! I've voted for the polls can't want for the next to come! :):)

    ReplyDelete