Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Resolutions ~ Viviana

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great New Years! I made a video of snippets of my piano compositions that were composed in 2012, and you can view it here.

Here are my new year resolutions, as requested (These are all related to music. I will do 13, as it is now 2013):

1) I want to compose at least 20 compositions this year
2) Reach 3,000 views on the blog
3) Learn 10 classical pieces
4) Become better at sight reading
5) Finish any pieces I had previously been working on
6) Upload at least 2 videos a week
7) Gain 20 more subscribers
8) Play music by other modern composers
9) Learn a few of Emily Bear's pieces by ear
10) Pretend I'm a movie composer, and compose music for books that I love
11) Re-record my older compositions on the piano (since the others were on the keyboard)
12) Inspire other young pianists/composers to upload their videos
13) Upload some of my sister's original compositions


I have almost finished Freestyle by Emily Bear. It's a very fun piece to play! There's some corrections I need to make in it, so maybe I can upload it in a few weeks.

The waltz...I know...I haven't worked on it much. I kinda lost interest at this moment. I have to listen to it some more to finish a part that I was learning. I was asked by Kate what caused me to want to learn it. I would have to say that I really liked the key it's in (c# minor) and the part of it that I like the most would have to be the piu mosso part. The first time I had heard it, Emily Bear was playing it, and I loved how it sounded. I hope I will continue with the piece.... :)

I'm close to finishing a piece I had been composing. It reminds me of either snowflakes or flowers blooming...not sure which. Hahaha.

Until the next post,
Viviana

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading this! Looking forward to point no.6 - 2 videos a week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sister composes too? I want to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a little. I'll see if I can film something. :)

      Delete