Friday, January 11, 2013

Criserl answer a few questions on Chopin Etudes

Hello!!

It has been about a week since my last post and today I want to answer a few questions about Chopin Etudes. (View Criserl's playing of the Revolutionary Etude op.10 no.12 here)

Yep,  although I will not be working on any Chopin pieces this year, but my love and desire for Chopin music is still as strong as ever! I'm recently in love with his etude op.10 no.9 and I think it is really nice!!

Qsn: Must my hands be really huge to play Chopin's Etude?
Ans: I would say not really but having a larger hand span would definitely make things easier.

Qsn: I just can't play the Chopin's etude it is too fast and complicated. How?
Ans: Do not be upset if you can't play it right, everything takes time, so be patient :) You can start off with a easier etude or at a slower tempo.

Qsn: How do I know which etudes are the easy ones?
Ans: You can either google or I would recommend this site that gives full analysis to all Chopin Etudes:) Check it out!

Lastly, I've decided to play Debussy's The Little Shepherd which is the shortest of all other pieces in the Children's corner:) Do you like it?

Love,
Criserl

2 comments:

  1. I think the analysis is really useful! But why the little shepherd? :( I was thinking you might play dr gradus ad parnassum... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chopin too :)Which is nicer op.10 no.8 or op.10 no.9? I'm planning to learn one of them:)

    ReplyDelete