Monday, July 30, 2012

The Pianist (the movie)

The Pianist is a really good movie that's during World War II about a pianist named Wladyslaw Szpilman. The movie has a lot of music, and the opening song is Nocturne in C Sharp Minor (which I became excited about when I was watching the movie!). I don't want to say too much about it, since I might spoil something, but it has a very good story, and is actually based on a true story. If you want to watch something that has both classical music and action--watch The Pianist. Directed by Roman Polanski; starring Adrien Brody as Wladyslaw Szpilman.

And by the way, I decided to limit the amount of music I work on (since I never seem to finish anything that way!!). I got a sheet music book yesterday, and am looking forward to working on ONE piece. And then I'm still doing the Tempest Sonata. (Oh, and I'm just about finished with that original composition for my Great-Grandma.)

Au revoir for now,
--Viviana

No comments:

Post a Comment