Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update for May! (Plus a to-play list) - Viviana

Hey!! I haven't posted for a long time... Sorry about that... I just felt I didn't have too much to update you all on. But today I have some things to broadcast about. :)

I've been working very hard on Invention 8, and have about a page left. It's waaayyy harder than it looks. :P  I have two original compositions that I need to film soon, but I'm not so sure what to call them. The waltz...I have a little left and then I'm finished. I kind of lost interest in it, but I do want to finish it soon. It'll be done at least by the end of May. I finally reached 41 subscribers... I hope to reach 100 by the end of this year. For some reason, the stats on my YouTube channel show I have 1,900 video views, but I have a lot more than that...

So here's my to-play list for the summer, fall, and winter of this year! (but I may only do a few of these)

~Intermezzo by Manuel M. Ponce

~Three Part Invention no. 15 in B Minor by Bach

~Doctor ad Gradus Parnassum by Debussy

~Nocturne no. 21 in C Minor by Chopin

~Tempest Sonata, 3rd Movement by Beethoven

~I am the Doctor from Doctor Who

~Fantasy in D Minor by Mozart

~Nocturne Op.48 No.1 by Chopin

~Aquarium by Saint-Saens

~Turkish March by Mozart (the full version though)



What do you all think about Emily Bear's new album that comes out on May 7th? I really like the pieces that are on the album, especially Italia (I like how it's a little more complicated than before) and Diversity. I want to learn the jazz pieces. I've never played any jazz music before...


For the next post, I plan to either upload something or write a post about some of the best original compositions I've heard from people who aren't well-known yet. :D

Until next time,

Viviana.

6 comments:

  1. Greeting to the two of you. I've recently found you girls and I think that both of you are amazing. You girls are really an inspiration to the 64 year-old me. I've now retired and has lots of time, so I started to play the piano.

    To Viviana: You mention in your Biography that you were on and off lessons, can I ask how long you practice and without a teacher how do you set your directions? How do you know if which pieces are more suited for your level or do you just attempt pieces which you like?

    To Criserl: You play beyond your age and I hope to see you challenge a wider repertoire like Scrabin or Rachmaninoff. I've read your biography and to think that you will not choose piano as your career , it is such a pity.Do you have any advise for me?

    On a whole, I wish you two girls a really bright future in whatever you do! Upload and blog more.

    Thank You

    P.S I'll be coming back to read your replies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I usually practice a lot (not so much this past month though), about 2-3 hours per day, but not all at one time; I usually break it up into sections. It is quite hard for me at times not having a teacher, but I think that it gives me a challenge to try to make the piece I'm learning sound as best as it can. The hardest part is not having direction in what I should learn, because sometimes I get bored with pieces, and then it takes ages to finish them.

      As for knowing which pieces are suited towards my level, I never know exactly. I've printed out pieces years ago that I was not ready to learn at the time, and have finally completed them this year. I kind of learn pieces based on if I like how they sound and if it will challenge my playing. To make sure that I have notes correct and that everything sounds right, I listen to different videos and versions of whatever piece I'm working on, and that helps a lot. There's also how-to videos on some of the pieces which I've used for learning some pieces.

      Thank you so much for your kind comment!!

      Viviana

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words. I've been working on 3 Debussy pieces and they would be up on YouTube in June, I'm also working on a Jazz piece. I personally don't feel prepared for Scrabin and Rachmaninoff yet,as their pieces require a large amount of technique and that is one of the many other reasons why I've not learn any of their pieces but I do wish to learn some of them too, especially Rachmaninoff! :)

      I think the love and passion for music is the main factor that keeps many pianists, including me ,to continue and practice. I do believe that practice is when the magic happens.

      Thank you

      Criserl

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your valuable feedback! I do hope to see more videos coming:)

      Delete
  2. Hi viviana!
    It is so long since you blogged and I thought you had stop blogging... SO happy that you are back!

    When will you upload something new again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I'm back now! :D

      I'm not sure yet. Probably when I finished Invention 8 or another piece. :)

      Delete