Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some News and Such... :)

Hey! I'm so glad the weather has been nice here. It had been cold for a while. :)

So I finished Invention 8 yesterday! Right now I'm perfecting it, and I will record it soon. I made a checklist to first finish Invention 8 for this week, then Waltz in C Sharp Minor for next week (I'll have to complete it by next Friday), and Intermezzo by Manuel M. Ponce for May 30th. The recordings of these will not be on the day they need to be completed on, but I'll record them when I feel that it sounds fine. These following videos are ones that I use to try to base my interpretation of the pieces:


On Monday I went to a concert at Merit School of Music in which pianist Christopher O'Reilly played some pieces by Liszt. It was really fun! I think that most of the pieces he played were ones that Liszt had either transcribed by other composers or had made variations of. The music was really dramatic and sounded sooo hard to play. And I thought Beethoven's music was dramatic... 

Before the concert, I got to play on a Yamaha Upright, and its sound was so rich and clear, and perfectly tuned. I'm hoping to be able to go to Merit School of Music for lessons, but I'm not sure that I will. Let's hope that I get that chance. :)



~Viviana

2 comments:

  1. Cool, but 1 question. How long does it take for you to learn a piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends how much I really want to learn the piece. LOL. Sadly, I procrastinate a lot, but recently I've been completing a piece per week. For the next two weeks, I'll be finishing Intermezzo by Manuel Ponce. I finished Invention 8 and Waltz in C Sharp Minor, which were the two pieces I needed to complete. After Intermezzo, I plan to learn some pieces from Emily Bear's new songbook Diversity. Probably either Q, Alika, or Peralada will be first. :)

      Delete