Saturday, June 1, 2013

Preparing for concert - Criserl :)

Hello!

It is Criserl writing here:) Today I don't have piano lesson as my teacher is out of the country so , I've decided to use this time to blog! As the title says, I'm going to share about my concert, apart from the actual performance, another reason why I like concerts is because I get to listen and look though the scores for many many pieces! And I think it is really fun!

As many of my readers on Google+ have known, I've gotten many suggestions for my concert repertoire. My teacher and I just Skype and had a mini discussion of what are the best pieces for my December concert 2013.

My admin just sent me an email after she collated the results. (the number behind ':' represent the number of people who voted for the piece)

Chopin Etude Op.10 No.3 : 5
Beethoven Moonlight Mvt1: 3
Chopin Variations Brilliante : 3
Beethoven Tempest Sonata Mvt. 2 :3
Prokofiev Harp Prelude : 2
Yiruma Kiss the rain : 2
Balakiev 'the lark' :1
Liszt Gnomenreigen :1

Chopin Scherzo No.1: 1
Yiruma River flows in you : 1
Beethoven Moonlight Mvt3 : 1

After the little discussion , we still did not come out with a conclusion but we did eliminate some pieces.
Actually I really like to learn the Prokofiev but my teacher said the brushing of the keys is an entirely new technique and would require quite a lot of practice so she did not recommend that.
In the end , we agreed on Yiruma Kiss The Rain as it was one of the more popular choice with the highest number of votes. And we are now deciding between tempest mvt.2 and etude op.10 no.3 :)



I'll be releasing my December Concert Repertoire very soon.
Criserl :)





2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you were looking for suggestions. Anyway, I would support tempest movement2 :) Can't wait for your next upload:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry that I didn't have a post on blogger to ask for suggestions as I thought I would be posting too much, and also , I can't find time to blog, most of my Google+ status are by phone.

      I'll hope to release my repertoire for that concert as soon as possible.

      I'll tell you a little secret : I'm now working on Emily Bear's Jessie's Song from her latest album Diversity. But I can't really find a perfect piano solo so I arranged so parts my own :)

      Jessie's Song, 3 other Debbusy pieces and 2 bonus tracks ( which I can't reveal )which Iwill be recording with JJCOify should be uploaded next week.

      Thank you for being so supportive:)

      Delete