Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My First Post in 2014!

Hello to all! Be expecting a lot more for 2014! More uploads, original compositions, and pieces from many different eras!

Well, for 2013 I wasn't very productive with music like I had been in 2012. That will change for this year. I started taking a course titled "How To Write Like Mozart" which teaches how to compose classical music correctly (I guess that's obvious). I've learned a lot about music theory that I didn't know, and even how to actually write out the music by hand (which I didn't know much about before). For 6 weeks I will be taking this course. There are many assignments, and the one for this week is mainly about choral music. I believe next week's is creating a piece for piano and another instrument. :D

So, hopefully, I will try to compose in the classical style! I will probably be listening to a lot of classical music for the next few weeks. Any suggestions on a composer? I know for sure Mozart and Beethoven...

Last year I composed a few original compositions. Unfortunately, I have not practiced them, and never had sheet music for them, so therefore I do not remember how to play them... :/   I guess you all weren't missing out on much. They weren't my best compositions. The best are yet to come!! :D

What I will be uploading soon (whenever I buy a camera... I plan on buying online, so there's a few things I need to do first in order to do so...) is probably Italia by Emily Bear; oh, and possibly Moonlight Sonata, since I only have the version from when I played it on the keyboard.

I must apologize for not doing my part in uploading videos frequently, especially for not uploading anything from Debussy's Children's Corner. I am incredibly sorry for that. I really do plan on learning the pieces I didn't learn in 2013. I want to become more accomplished with piano this year, and I will do my very best in trying to learn many new pieces.

Thank you all for putting up with my nonsense! ;)  I am going to try harder with piano this year!

Until next time,
Viviana.


No comments:

Post a Comment